We have interest in the following areas of rice Hsp100 biology:-
- Biochemical and molecular details of rice Clps.
- Assays of chaperoning activities of rice Clps.
- Analysis of the efficacy of rice Clps vis-a-vis similar proteins from other organisms in governing heat tolerance phenotype.
- Interactome details of rice Clps with other Hsps, particularly with Hsp20, Hsp40 and Hsp70 proteins.
- Transcriptional regulation of rice Clps synthesis (including analysis of the cis-acting HSE sequences as well as the trans-acting Hsfs).
- Translational regulation of rice Clps synthesis.
Where we want to reach?
- We believe that for the ClpB-C to perform the important role in survival under heat stress regimes, it is important that this protein is expressed in an optimal titer under stress-regulated conditions and mechanisms thereof need to be worked out.
- It is likely the case that there are partner proteins which modulate the cellular activities of ClpB-C/Hsp100 protein. We wish to identify such partners.
- We wish to regulate the expression of ClpB-C/Hsp100 by suitably altering its transcriptional, post-transcriptional, translational and post-translational machinery.
- We wish to identify the extent of natural variations in ClpB-C/Hsp100 proteins. We wish to ask can such variants be generated?